Thursday, July 21, 2011

Come One Come All, To See The Wall!

I finally finished my photo frame wall!  Finally!




I love it! Its full of photos of Noah, a couple of engagement photos of Paul and I, and a few of our very first family photos. Its hard to see in the photos but that K in the middle is covered in green sheet  moss. My goal was to copy these awesome letters from Pottery Barn that cost $79. Way too rich for my budget.

I just took one of Noah's diaper boxes and cut out the bottom, found a good font I liked and printed a huge "K" off the computer. (I used photoshop to cut the letter into three portions because I wanted the letter bigger than one sheet of paper.) I traced the "K" onto the cardboard, asked the hubs very sweetly to cut the thing out and then covered it in sheet moss from JoAnn's. Total project cost? $8.99

Totally beats $79 eh?

Anyway, I LOVE this wall. I just want to sit and stare at it all the time. It has all of my favorite photos of my favorite people! I bought frames mostly from Goodwill and just spray painted them white so it was cheapo too! My husband likes my thriftiness and I love my wall!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your new frame wall! When you say it has photos of your favorite people, does this include me?? :D From what I can see, You just haven't put me up yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, you are on the wall in spirit! You took two of the photos up there. Maybe soon I'll get a wedding photo to put up there of you ;)

    ReplyDelete